When was the last time you attended a Pyjama party? Well, if it's been a while, it's time to get out your PJ's and prepare for a night of comfort, warmth and a whole lot of fun. This will be happening at 7:00 p.m. at Gaye's House - 70 Dorchester Dr. Call Gaye at 780 458-1937 for more information. Hope to see you there!!!
Bible Study will be recommencing on February 2nd at 7:00 p.m. This rotation of Bible Study will be focusing on personal every day evangelism as we journey with famous author Max Lucado in his study "Next Door Saviour".
In this study you will come face to face with both the holy and human sides of Jesus. Through unforgettable stories and powerful truths, you will be drawn closer to a Savior who is as approachable as a
next-door neighbor, yet holy enough to save humanity.
Here are some important dates for you to remember this week! If you have any questions about any of the following events, please feel free to contact our office at 780 458-1937.
January 26 - Lunch Bunch @ 11:00 a.m. (Ages 50+)
January 27th - MEB Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
January 28th - Kid Connection at 6:30 p.m.
January 31st - Corps Family Potluck - Please bring a side dish
Well, after a short break, dodgeball will be starting again on Friday, January 8th at 7:30 p.m. Look forward to seeing you there!!!
This was supposed to be posted yesterday afternoon (Sunday), but due to some technical difficulties with the blogspot we were unable to log on. So...without further a due, here are the 7 UPS to start the New Year that Captain Gaye shared in her sermon yesterday morning...enjoy!
1. Wake-up! Begin the day with the Lord. It is HIS day. Rejoice and be glad in it.
2. Dress-up! Put on a smile. It improves your looks. It says something about your attitude.
3. Shut-up! This isn't meant in the rude way the term is often used. Rather, it asks us to watch our tongue. Don't gossip. Say nice things. Learn to listen.
4. Stand up! Take a stand for what you believe. Resist evil. Do good.
5. Look-up! Open your eyes to the Lord. After all, he is your only Saviour.
6. Reach up! Spend time in prayer with your adorations, confessions, thanksgivings and supplications to the Lord.
7. Lift up! Be available to help those in need serving, supporting and sharing.
By Rev. Walter Schoedel