Today is Robin Mark and the Newsboys Concert. (Tickets are still available)
If you guys didn't get a chance to come this year, get your applications in a.s.ap next year cause it is not something that you should miss out on!
- Emergency disaster
- Community and family services
- Church programs
- Thrift store
They are all now links and will take to the specific website that you click on. Currently they are under construction but I'll get them up eventually.
Take Care Guys!
We would love to hear from you guys regarding the new look of our church blog! Feel free to click on comments and post a comment!!
Have a great day guys!
ALPHA- What is alpha? It is an oppurtunity to explore the meaning of life in a relaxed and friendly setting. Be sure to come out for a FREE 10 week course commencing at 6:30pm on Wednesday for dinner followed by a video presentation at 7:15pm followed by small groups at 8:15pm. For more information about the ALPHA course, feel free to check out the website:
DON'T FORGET!! ...
- Friend's Night @ Starbucks (all donations go to CRAVE youth) 430-830pm
- Alpha Small Groups @7oopm
- Pioneer Club @ 630pm
- Parents Small Group @ 630pm
- Band Practice @ 815pm
- Floor Hockey @ the church 630pm
-Mens Breakfast @ 730am - Socrates
He always does an amazing job so let's all be there on Sunday to support the #1 Youth Pastor AND guitar player/singer in a worship team band in the world! (With the world's cutest kids)
- Make sure you guys bundle up when you go outside to stay extra warm.
- Use those wonderful inventions called "Fireplaces and Fleece Pj's (those slipper socks that Capt. Tiffany was talking about on Sunday come in really handy for the day and night as well)"
- And who knows....maybe a SNOW DAY is in the future???
- Love THE CHURCH!
Thought of the Day: Many of us struggle to bring God into the busyness of our lives. Our busy schedule can squeeze out our prayer time, and when we do pray, we may find it difficult to bring our activities to God as prayer topics. We might think that God can't possibly be interested in our work life, or in our housework, or our leisure time. Yet the God who is the Lord of all of our lives, is interested in everything we do.
Take Care Guys!
2. I will not worship idols. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me." (Exodus 20:4-5) I will not treat any statue as if it were God. Neither will I worship a picture of Jesus, but rather Jesus himself.
3. I will not use the Lord's name unless it brings him glory and honor. "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." (Exodus 20:7) I will not say "Jesus Christ" when I am angry or "Oh My God" when I am in shock.
4. I will set Sundays apart as a special day. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." (Exodus 20:8) Just as God rested on the seventh day so will I.
5. I will treat my Father and Mother with respect. "Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee." (Exodus 20:12) I will obey my parents and give them honor.
6. I will not commit murder. "Thou shalt not kill." (Exodus 20:13) I will never take the life of another human being, remembering that God is the only one who gives life and has the right to take it away.
7. I will not cheat on my spouse by having an affair. "Thou shalt not commit adultery." (Exodus 20:14) I will view my marriage as a ministry and remain true to the one God has joined me together with in Holy Matrimony.
8. I will not take anything that belongs to someone else. "Thou shalt not steal." (Exodus 20:15. I will treat other people's property with respect and always ask first if I want to borrow something.
9. I will keep my tongue bridled and tell no lies. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." (Exodus 20:16) I will never spread false gossip about someone else or say anything that I don't know for a fact is true.
10. I will not harbor desire for the things other people have. "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's." (Exodus 20:17) I may like what other people have, but I will not let it consume me to the point that I feel I must have it.
It would benefit a Christian to memorize the above 10 commandments found in the 20th chapter of Exodus and turn them in to this years resolutions. Why not make a resolution you know God wants to be a priority in your life and learn more about his word at the same time.
Sorry for the lack of posts lately but I think I am back up and ready to go now. How has everyone's christmas and new years been? I am sure EVERYONE is looking forward to the kids going back to school on the 8th so there will be some peace and quiet back in the house...am I right?
I was reading an article on the internet about the top ten new year's resolution: Maybe some of theses were yours?
1) Spend more time with friends and family
2) Fit in Fitness
3) Tame the Bulge
4) Quit Smoking
5) Enjoy life more
6) Quit drinking
7) Get out of debt
8) Learn something new
9) Get your life organized (whether it is organizing your basement to something as simple as organizing your fridge)
Did you know that fewer than 10% of people who set New Year's Resolutions actually achieve them? How can you ensure YOUR success? Try using the Top 10 Tips below.
1. Write Them Down. It's a fact: writing down your goals gives you a higher chance of success.
2. Commit. Move beyond the land of "good ideas" to promise yourself to show up for your goals.
3. Tell People. Let your biggest fans in on your new commitments and goals for the year.
4. Get Accountability. Even better than just letting others in on your "secret" dreams and goals-get some accountability. Meet for lunch once a month with a group that will ask you, "So, how's it going with your goal?" Get some support!
5. Make a Plan. Ensure success with a step-by-step plan. You'll find an easy plan to make your goal a reality.
6. Do a Goal Check-In. Before you decide on what you'll take on for the year, make certain you can answer, "YES!" to the following questions: "Am I the primary reason for setting this goal (vs. your mom, boyfriend, wife, boss, society)? Do I feel alive and energized by this goal? Is this goal in line with my life purpose or mission?"
7. Get Real! If you're contemplating putting a goal down that you always put down and never achieve, take a second look. How will this goal end DIFFERENTLY this year? Is this goal something you need to let go of? What purpose is it serving you? What's a good enough reason to finally achieve this goal?
8. Focus With Reminders. Once you've got your goals and plan in place, figure out ways to remind yourself.
9. Believe and Visualize. What will these goal do to you and your life in the future?
HAPPY NEW YEAR YOU GUYS!!
and remember to always keep God first and foremost in each and everyone's life! Without him, you can't achieve any of your goals for this coming year!!