Some More....

1. I will put God first in all areas of my life. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3) I will not allow money, family, fame, or any material object to become more important to me than the God I serve.
2. I will not worship idols. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me." (Exodus 20:4-5) I will not treat any statue as if it were God. Neither will I worship a picture of Jesus, but rather Jesus himself.
3. I will not use the Lord's name unless it brings him glory and honor. "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." (Exodus 20:7) I will not say "Jesus Christ" when I am angry or "Oh My God" when I am in shock.
4. I will set Sundays apart as a special day. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." (Exodus 20:8) Just as God rested on the seventh day so will I.
5. I will treat my Father and Mother with respect. "Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee." (Exodus 20:12) I will obey my parents and give them honor.
6. I will not commit murder. "Thou shalt not kill." (Exodus 20:13) I will never take the life of another human being, remembering that God is the only one who gives life and has the right to take it away.
7. I will not cheat on my spouse by having an affair. "Thou shalt not commit adultery." (Exodus 20:14) I will view my marriage as a ministry and remain true to the one God has joined me together with in Holy Matrimony.
8. I will not take anything that belongs to someone else. "Thou shalt not steal." (Exodus 20:15. I will treat other people's property with respect and always ask first if I want to borrow something.
9. I will keep my tongue bridled and tell no lies. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." (Exodus 20:16) I will never spread false gossip about someone else or say anything that I don't know for a fact is true.
10. I will not harbor desire for the things other people have. "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's." (Exodus 20:17) I may like what other people have, but I will not let it consume me to the point that I feel I must have it.

It would benefit a Christian to memorize the above 10 commandments found in the 20th chapter of Exodus and turn them in to this years resolutions. Why not make a resolution you know God wants to be a priority in your life and learn more about his word at the same time.